Centre International de Formation et de Recherche Avancées en Physique
- Scientific research in niche areas of physics and related fields (with the possibility of further expansion to interdisciplinary areas)
- Educational activities for the benefit of young researchers in the country, countries in the region and developing countries, which would finalize with the awarding of internationally recognized diplomas
- Dissemination activities
The legal basis of the establishment CIFRA
- CIFRA was established under an Agreement between the Romanian Government and UNESCO ratified by Government Decision (HG) 847/2013, published in the Official Gazette. no. 691/November 2013 .
- CIFRA operates as a branch of the National Institute for Materials Physics (NIMP), according to the HG 1006/2015, published in Official Gazette no. 7/2016.
- CIFRA officially started its activityon February 9, 2017, when the Agreement with UNESCO entered into force.
- CIFRA – is coordinated by the department of “Basic Sciences” of UNESCO.
The objectives and attributions of the Centre
- To provide facilities, training opportunities and advanced research for researchers in the Central and Eastern Europe countries, besides those in less developed countries in Africa, with an additional mandate of promoting women in science through its programs;
- To conduct and coordinate Advanced studies oriented towards research in physics and related interdisciplinary topics;
- To provide expertise of the decision factors, educational factors and the general public to strengthen the national research and development potential;
- To carry out promoting activities (seminars, conferences, workshops), in cooperation with national and international institutions that would provide an international forum of discussion and encourage the formation of regional networks of collaboration between scientists from different countries;
Attributions: to develop training and regional capacity-building activities, with a focus on:
- Advanced training and development through scientific research, carried out by the Center’s permanent staff and by the short and long term visitors, in cooperation with national and international institutions and with participation in international research projects;
- Scientific events and knowledge transfer through short-term activities developed in cooperation with UNESCO, including workshops, conferences and seminars compatible with UNESCO programs.
Copyright © 2023 Centre International de Formation et de Recherche Avancées en Physique. All Rights Reserved