Centre International de Formation et de Recherche Avancées en Physique
- Scientific research in niche areas of physics and related fields (with the possibility of further expansion to interdisciplinary areas)
- Educational activities for the benefit of young researchers in the country, countries in the region and developing countries, which would finalize with the awarding of internationally recognized diplomas
- Dissemination activities
The legal basis of the establishment CIFRA
- CIFRA was established under an agreement between the Romanian Government and UNESCO ratified by Government Decision 847/30 October 2013 published in the Official Gazette. no. 691, the 1/12 part November 2013.
- It will function as a unit with legal personality under INCDFM, OG 57-2002 cf. art. 19 (4)
- CIFRA -will be coordinated by the department of "Basic Sciences" of UNESCO.
The objectives and functions of the Centre
- Providing facilities, training opportunities and advanced research for researchers in the Central and Eastern Europe countries, besides those in less developed countries in Africa, with an additional mandate of promoting women in science through its programs;
- The conduct and coordination of Advanced studies oriented towards research in physics and related interdisciplinary topics;
- Providing expertise of the decision factors, educational factors and the general public to strengthen the national research and development potential;
- Carrying out promotional activities (seminars, conferences, workshops), in cooperation with national and international institutions that would provide an international forum of discussion and encourage the formation of regional networks of collaboration between scientists from different countries.
Functions: to develop training and regional capacity-building activities, with a focus on:
- Advanced training and development through scientific research, carried out by the Centre’s permanent staff and by short and long term visitors, in cooperation with national and international institutions and with participation in international research projects;
- Scientific events and knowledge transfer through short-term activities develop in cooperation with UNESCO, including workshops, conferences and seminars compatible with UNESCO programmes.
You can find us here!
Copyright © 2019 Centre International de Formation et de Recherche Avancées en Physique. All Rights Reserved